Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Chain Breaking Freedom

Today we got to celebrate freedom. For many people freedom can mean many different things. For some it means that they have the right to say what they want. For others it means they have the right to worship how they wish without the fear of death. And for me, freedom means Jesus.

Having a relationship with Jesus is the best decision that I could have ever made. I used to not fully understand what it meant to have a relationship with Him. It was something that I had always heard but didn’t quite understand. But now that I have one I truly get it. 

When you date someone you’re in a relationship with them. You want to spend all of your spare time with them. You stay up all night and just talk because you just want to hear their voice. You trust them to hold you in your darkest times. You trust them with your darkest of secrets. You just want them all the time. That to me is what it means to have a relationship with Him. I want Him always. I want to stay up just talking to Him. He will stretch out his arms when I’m upset. And I can trust Him with my darkest of secrets.

But going back to freedom. I am able to have freedom because of Him. My chains have been broken. Sin can no longer keep me in shackles. Psalm 118:5 says this, “Out of my distress I called on the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me free.” He saw me when I was blind and made me see.

In the song “No Longer Slaves” the chorus says, “I’m not longer a slave to fear. I am a child of God.” That is true freedom. We are all a child of God. We are all able to seek the freedom that God has offered to us. God sending His one and only son to die on the cross has offered up the ultimate freedom! 

You too can have that freedom. It is not just for the people that “have it all together” despite what people may think. His blood shed for me and for you. With each and every drop was a promise of love and freedom. Jesus bled all of the blood out of his body, think about that, every last ounce was poured out. He took literally everything inside of Himself and poured it out to give you that love and to give you that freedom. Go to Him and be set free.


“So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.” -John 8:36

No comments:

Post a Comment