Sunday, June 17, 2018

For Father’s Day

My father and I  have always had a great bond. I think that it all started 25 years ago when my mom  went into labor with me on my dad’s birthday, although I wasn’t actually born until the day after. And so this is where it all began you see, I am one of the lucky ones that has a good relationship with my father. Both my earthly father and my Heavenly Father.

There are so many people out there that since they have a bad relationship with their earthly father think that, that is how God would also treat them. So if their father left them, they think that God will also leave them. If their father told them that they weren’t worthy of anything, they also think that God feels the same way. If their father doesn’t love them, they will also think that God doesn’t love them either.

This type of thinking can be very dangerous. God is so much more than our bad thoughts about our own father. God will never leave you, (Deuteronomy 31:8). God thinks that you are worthy, (John 3:16). God does love you, (John 3:16-17, Romans 5:8). 

God will never leave you! We need to be sure that we never confuse God’s silence with His absence. There is a huge difference between the two. Did you know that there is a 400 year gap between the Old Testament and the New Testament? During that 400 years God was completely silent. But also during that 400 years there were several things that were invented. Things such as, a new language, a new transportation system, as well as many others. All of which would continue on into the New Testament. If God had been absent, those things wouldn’t have happened. He is quiet at times to help prepare us for what is to come.

We are worthy! Not just of His love but of His grace. I know that most people think of John 3:16 as a love verse, and it is, but I also think that this verse also shows us how worthy we are. We are worthy because Jesus has made us worthy. The word “anyone” is in that verse, “anyone that believes”. That includes those that may not really have that father figure in their life. That includes those that feel like they aren’t worthy of love because of something they do or something that they have done in the past. You are worthy because of the cross.

God loves you! As you have noticed, I again put down John 3:16-17. I put 17 because it shows that God wanted to save us through Jesus Christ. But I also put in Romans 5:8. It says, “But God shows His love for us that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” We are all always sinning against God. But He still sent Jesus to die for us on that cross, regardless of what we have done. We are all deserving of Hell. But through the grace and love of God we can be spared from that death. God loves us enough that even though it is what we deserve we have that option to accept His love and grace. Even those that may not choose that path with Him, He still loves you!


So for those of you that look at God like you look at your own father in the ways that I have described, please take these words that God has spoken through me and just really understand them. Please understand that God has so much more planned for you then you could have for yourself. Just trust in Him. I know that not having a good relationship with your earthly father can cause a bad one with the Heavenly one, but please don’t let it. Let God be that missing piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment